Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 16, 2014

2-16-14 Ed Notes Online Week

Ed Notes Online:








Christie Denies Blowing Up Baraka Campaign Bus - Satire
Is the destruction of the campaign bus of a candidate who is an obvious threat to Christie BridgeGate, HobokenGate and CamiGate on steroids?Can't you see thug Chris Christie, having his Newark school takeover tactics threatened by a Baraka win for mayor, joking: "Of course I was there. I bought some sugar, put it in gas tank and set the bus on fire."The establishment, fearing a Baraka wi

Face to Face With Finland's Education System

So I've been going to rehearsals almost every night for the Rockaway Theatre Company Production of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying". One of the young ladies who sings along with the men's chorus in the number "Brotherhood of Man" does a solo that will knock your socks off.Recently I had an opportunity to chat with her. I overhead someone mention Finland and I


2-15-14 Ed Notes Online Week
Ed Notes Online: Ed Notes OnlineMills TA Calls on NYSUT to Lead Statewide Boycott of Grades 3-8 AssessmentWhile parents have been opting out, teacher organizations are beginning to revolt too. Can they pressure Iannuzzi to make this move? I'm guessing most likely not. When the Mulgrew pro-Cuomo team wins, NO CHANCE. Before you read the resolution check this sample Common Core 1st Grade Question. I