Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, February 13, 2014

2-13-14 @ The Chalk Face

@ THE CHALK FACE:







Reflections on My Common Core Debate for the West St. Tammany Chamber
Below is a post that I wrote for Brietbart regarding my February 4th debate on Common Core. The debate occurred in the Louisiana parish in which I both live and teach, St. Tammany. (The somewhat-edited version posted in Breitbart can be found here.) St. Tammany has had a solid reputation among southern Louisiana teachers for as long as I have […]

King Corn: Common Core Syrup

I read an article by Alice Crites about the influence of big business (corn and sugar) on the food policies and productions. I was astounded at how, within the first minute of reading about how BIG BUSINESS manipulates legislation and public perception in food production, I was able to see how that system of corruption […]




2-12-14 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: Does the Gates Foundation’s Evidence Argue For or Against Vergara?The corporate reform group Students Matter wants to strike down the duly-enacted laws of California that protect the rights of teachers. Their case, Vergara vs. California claims that laws protecting teachers damage poor children of color. Vergara is known as the “bad teacher” lawsuit. I have joked, however, that i