Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, January 23, 2014

V.A.M.: Value Added Measure

V.A.M.: Value Added Measure:



CCBSS








Digging for "Artifacts" for the New Teacher Evaluation System Amidst the Ruins of a Public School
As part of the new, Danielson-based evaluation system in place in N.Y. City, there seems to be an assumption of guilt.  Teachers need to produce a variety of up to eight "artifacts" (or pieces of evidence) to prove their professional  innocence.  It is demeaning, time-consuming and wasteful of limited resources.  It should also be noted that City schools often lack paper, ink, toner, Ris
Highly 'Fective (Applying The Rolling Stones' "Satisfaction" to the New, Danielson-Based Evaluation System)
I can't get no Highly 'FectiveI can't get no Highly 'Fective'Cause I try and I try and I try and I tryI can't get no, I can't get no When I'm writhin' in my deskAnd that man comes on the P.D. dayHe's tellin' me more and moreAbout Danielson's twenty-two domainsSupposed to trigger in me ungodly pain I can't get no, oh no, no, noHey, hey, hey, that's what I say I can't get no Highly 'FectiveI can't
Danielson'S Framework Reworked For Teaching In Some Of The Most Financially-Deprived Public Schools
The following framework imagines Danielson adapted to sync with some of the issues faced by seriously underfunded public schools. DOMAIN 1:  Planning and Preparation 1d:  DEMONSTRATING KNOWLEDGE OF RESOURCES THAT WILL NEVER BE FUNCTIONALLY AVAILABLE IN YOUR CLASSROOMAccomplished teachers are readily aware of the abundant and varied resources available to teachers as aids to student learning.  Teac