Progressive Voices, New Media: A Louisiana Social Media and Blogging Summit

Posted on January 16, 2014

Greetings my Crawfishalonians!
Are any of you feeling despondent over not being able to meet me in person or hear me speak in front of real people instead of from behind a keyboard????
I know I am!
Now may be your opportunity to change all that. . .
Louisiana Progress decided to create an event featuring me as the star (of course), along with some other less famous folks you may have heard of that will try to steal some of my spotlight. . . I’ve included the list of attendees and the agenda below in case you were curious about someone other than me, or wanted to know exactly when you needed to come to see me, and when you could safely skip parts of the summit . . . maybe to chill with Mike the Tiger or tour the campus or skip rocks in the lake or something?
Seriously though. . . . If you have been influenced by our outstanding local social media and would like to show your support for all these fantastic people and their voices please consider attending passing the word about this conference to other folks. I will most likely be handing out mints in the men’s bathroom or holding coats for these folks, but I would be happy to see any of you there.

Event Details
Louisiana Progress is excited to announce Progressive Voices, New Media: a Louisiana social media and blogging summit. We hope you’ll join us on January 25th to hear from some of the leading progressive voices in the state. 

Saturday, January 25, 2014 from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM (PST)
Louisiana State University: African American Cultural Center


 
12:15 – 1:15 Introduction by Bob Mann | Keynote address by Jennifer Berkshire of EduShyster  

 
1:30 – 2:30  Progressive Social Media Panel, moderated by Melissa Flournoy

 

 

To register, talk about, or recruit others to the event you can use these resources.

We have a Facebook event and Eventbrite page set up to promote the summit and need your help spreading the word!  If you could post something on your blogs and to your twitter followers, that would be fantastic.  We have started tweeting about it from @LAProgress with the hashtag #ProgressiveVoices.