Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, January 26, 2014

1-26-14 Jersey Jazzman Jammin'

Jersey Jazzman:













What Our "One Newark" Report Means
Late Thursday, Bruce Baker and I released our analysis of "One Newark," the plan to restructure schools in the state-run district. I'll admit the report is a bit heavy on technical language, but that's as it should be: we wanted to be clear about how we approached the task of evaluating One Newark, and why we reached the conclusions that we did.But I think it will be helpful here to put








1-25-14 Jersey Jazzman Jammin' All Week
Jersey Jazzman:Jersey Jazzman Jammin' All WeekJazzman Extracurricular ActivitiesLet's get this out of the way:This brief about One Newark -- the controversial plan to restructure the Newark Public Schools -- is coauthored by me. I am one of the authors of the brief. And I'm not Bruce Baker.So there you have it. Frankly, I don't think it's a big deal... but it seems like some others do.I have not b