Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, January 11, 2014

1-11-14 Jersey Jazzman Jammin' All Week


Jersey Jazzman:
Jersey Jazzman Jammin' All Week







The GWB Is Not Chris Christie's Greatest Sin
UPDATE: Apparently, there was a fatality connected to Bridgegate. Did this woman die directly from the delay? Who can say?I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me these people ought to be brought up on charges.Well, I guess this is one way to boost your national name recognition...We will, of course, be hearing more and more about Chris Christie and the George Washington Bridge scandal for weeks to come.

JAN 07

Teachers: Responsible for EVERYTHING
I swear to you, I promised I wasn't going to write about another Tom Moran (editorial page editor of the Star-Ledger) column for at least a month. But I just can't let this one go, because it is such a perfect illustration of the double standard that exists today for teachers [all emphases mine]:Tom Moran, 1/5/14:    After a heartbreaking string of seven killings in Newark over the holidays, Polic

JAN 04

Professionalizing High School Sports
What I find most disturbing about this story is that I know it's not an isolated incident:Katelynn Flaherty is eligible and is expected to play next week at Metuchen after the All-State point guard enrolled at the school Thursday, Metuchen athletic director John Cathcart said Friday.The eligibility status of All-Stater Marina Mabrey, Flaherty's former Point Pleasant Beach teammate, is still uncert

JAN 01

The Petty Jealousy of Arne Duncan
I would say this is simply unthinkable, but when it comes to Arne Duncan, I've come to believe the worst is always possible:U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan and at least one other Education Department official urged New York Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio and his team not to choose Montgomery County Schools Superintendent Joshua P. Starr as the city’s next schools chancellor, according to several