Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, January 10, 2014

1-10-14 the becoming radical | A Place for a Pedagogy of Kindness by P. L. Thomas, EdD

the becoming radical | A Place for a Pedagogy of Kindness (the public and scholarly writing by P. L. Thomas, Furman University):






Should Universities Reward Academics for Public Influence?
NOTE: Since I have already posted a few comments on the blog mentioned below, and since I have already received a couple responses to those comments, let me open with a caveat about my selfishness in this post: (1) I am not lobbying to be including in the ranking identified below, and (2) my selfishness is much larger than that as my central argument involves how I and all academics are evaluated
remnant 49: “I cannot put my finger on it now/The child is grown the dream is gone”
remnant 49: “I cannot put my finger on it now/The child is grown the dream is gone”.
1-9-14 the becoming radical | A Place for a Pedagogy of Kindness by P. L. Thomas, EdD
the becoming radical | A Place for a Pedagogy of Kindness (the public and scholarly writing by P. L. Thomas, Furman University): Ending Poverty Requires Community, Not WarMany, if not most, wars have failed to salvage victory from the inherent destruction war brings. All wars leave collateral damage in their wake. A big picture message offered in Michelle Alexander’s The New Jim Crow is that the w