Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Patrick Kennedy, Welcome to the website for my Campaign for Sacramento County Supervisor, District 2.

Patrick Kennedy, Sacramento City Unified School District Board of Education, Area 7:




Patrick-class

Welcome to the website for my Campaign for Sacramento County Supervisor, District 2.

For 23 years, I have committed myself to the service of my community, first as a neighborhood leader and volunteer parent of four wonderful daughters, then as a planning commissioner. And for the past five as a member of the Sacramento City Unified School District Board of Education. These experiences have fostered in me a growing desire to serve our neighbors, particularly those whose lives have seen, and continue to see, great challenges.

District 2, and Sacramento County as a whole, is a wonderful place to live for many of us. For others, the difficult times of the past six years have taken a tremendous toll. I understand this adversity. Raised by a single mother whose alcoholism and drug addiction led to her death when I was just a boy, I know what it means to be on public assistance, not knowing one day to the next if my family would lose our home.

Now, many years later, I am blessed with a wonderful family and many opportunities. In many ways, I am the product of the community I now run to represent.

I am running for Supervisor because I believe I can make a difference. Whether it’s economic development and job creation, safer neighborhoods, more equitable county services, improved physical and mental health care delivery, opportunities for our youth, or protecting our rivers and parkways, my candidacy is based on the conviction that we can do better. I hope you will join me.

Please call me at 916-743-0876, or email me at patrick@patrick-kennedy.com if you have any questions.

Patrick