Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Dear Education Reformers: A Thank You Letter From Any CEO in the Future | Ward 8 DC Teacher

Dear Education Reformers: A Thank You Letter From Any CEO in the Future | Ward 8 DC Teacher:

Dear Education Reformers: A Thank You Letter From Any CEO in the Future

Image
Dear Education Reformers,
I wish to sincerely thank you for your determination and resolve in implementing rigorous standards in computation and comprehension. Undoubtedly, my current staff is the smartest workforce I’ve ever employed. Each employee has remarkable mathematical computational skills. I’m simply amazed at the their ability to analyze complex manuals and technical reports. Although my staff is extremely productive, they lack a few essential skills, which I want to bring to your attention so you may improve your current agenda.
Concern #1:
Although my current staff can perform mathematical computations with the best of them, I find they’re extremely introverted. There’s no doubting my staff’s ability to “crunch the numbers.” Every time I assign them a task, they create excellent excel spreadsheets. Although they’re gifted with numbers, they lack the ability to effectively communicate or present their reports. Could you incorporate more public speaking courses in your current agenda?
Concern #2:
Although my staff can definitely analyze a variety of complex reports, but I find that they argue with each other more than collaborate on group projects. Sadly, when we hold a project management meeting my staff spends far too much time arguing trivial nuances. Even though their ability to cite evidence is second to none, they struggle with finding a common ground during open