2013 in review

Posted on December 31, 2013

The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2013 annual report for this blog.
I had the goal of reaching 100,000 hits this year, which would have been a 10 fold increase over last year.  What I achieved was almost double that.  Next year my goal is reaching 1 million views, only a five fold increase from what I have now.
When I started out the year I had fewer than 100 followers.  Now the blog has more than 1200 with many more folks following via e-mail forwards.  Not bad, a more than 10 fold increase.  My goal for next year is 5000 followers, something I would have though ridiculous a year ago, now I just see that total as overly optimistic. :)
I do not ask for donations to run the blog, and I won’t start now, but what I would ask you for is to help me reach my goals of informing parents across the state across the nation. We can do this by working together to increase these stats, by continuing to comment as many of you are doing, and by continuing to provide info and material for the blog, including guest posts.  I see this blog as belonging to the community, to the public, not financial interests as so much of our media is owned and controlled today.  Please help me expand the reach of our blog and our community.
Here’s an excerpt:
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about190,000 times in 2013. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 8 days for that many people to see it.