Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 8, 2013

12-8-13 @ THE CHALK FACE

@ THE CHALK FACE:






Why is NYS Railroading Students with Disabilities?
A guest post from Bianca Tanis, Parent, Special Educator and Co-Founder NYS Allies for Public Education The current education reforms being implemented in NYS are an assault on the dignity and the rights of students with disabilities, plain and simple. While educational leaders seem to be suffering from an extreme case of magical thinking, parents […]

The school of schools also hates creativity via @slate #highered #teacherprep
On inside the box thinking. This resonates perfectly with my experiences in higher education and teacher preparation, specifically. Creative thinking, in a politically charged environment, is dangerous. Allow me to explain, and this is my experience only. You may have experienced something different, and that’s fine. The crux of this very short Slate piece is […]
An investigative documentary into the Common Core State Standards Initiative
BUILDING THE MACHINE (2014) – Official Trailer [HQ] I want to use the same disclaimer here that I did the last time I posted Common Core State Standards (CSSS) related materials from sources that I disavow any connection with. The video is produced by, and also features, individuals that are from fringe-right-wing groups. The last […]

Join us at 6PM EST as we chat for the first time with @angelcintronjr
Link to the show.  Check it at 6PM EST.
Insanely bizarre #commoncore teaching video for #kindergarten
This is primarily in response to a recent post here by Chris Cerrone on an “innovative teaching” video library. I finally had a moment to watch. Now that I’m back in the classroom, I think I can offer my insights on this. One simple question I have first: this is a grown ass woman, probably […]

Mandela: Dishonored by Passive Radical Myth
Mandela: Dishonored by Passive Radical Myth. via Mandela: Dishonored by Passive Radical Myth.


All Week 12-7-13 @ THE CHALK FACE
@ THE CHALK FACE knows SCHOOLS MATTER: All Week @ THE CHALK FACE  mark as readStand for Children Louisiana: Teachers “Like” Common CoreIt is very important to privatizing interests to promote the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). After all, there is a lot of money to be made in attendant curriculum development, and assessments, and data collection. Of course, those pushing CCSS cannot state as m