Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

12-4-13 With A Brooklyn Accent - My Personal Stake in Defending Teachers

With A Brooklyn Accent:




My Personal Stake in Defending Teachers
My parents, children of immigrants who became public school teachers, were harder working and more capable than any wealthy and prominent people I met in my journey from Brooklyn streets and schoolyards to an Ivy League college and a Professorship at Fordham. And so is my wife Liz, a public school principal. Attacking the dignity and integrity of such people, while undermining their autonomy and j


12-3-13 With A Brooklyn Accent - Job Description for New Teachers
With A Brooklyn Accent: Job Description for New TeachersJob Description: New Teacher.Your Mission: To Squeeze Excellent Test Results out of Frightened and Angry Children and Shatter The Achievement GapThings to Ignore: Hunger, Homelessness, Disability, Language, Chronic Illness, Family and Neighborhood Violence, Children's Talents, Personalities and Aptitudes.Things to Sacrifice: Play, Recess, The