Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

12-31-13 the becoming radical | A Place for a Pedagogy of Kindness by P. L. Thomas, EdD

the becoming radical | A Place for a Pedagogy of Kindness (the public and scholarly writing by P. L. Thomas, Furman University):






An Open Letter to K-12 Teachers: A Call for Solidarity
In the U.S., “solidarity” and “community” are very difficult concepts. Having lived my entire life in the rural South, I’d argue ”solidarity” and “community” are nearly foreign concepts here—a very painful claim to make. But the South is an important phenomenon to examine in order to come to some understanding of what it means to be a K-12 teacher in U.S. public schools. The rural South includes m
Gary Rubinstein on TFA and CC: Plus Predictions for 2014 and 2024!
Gary Rubinstein on TFA and CC: Plus Predictions for 2014 and 2024!.
12-30-13 the becoming radical | A Place for a Pedagogy of Kindness by P. L. Thomas, EdD
the becoming radical | A Place for a Pedagogy of Kindness (the public and scholarly writing by P. L. Thomas, Furman University): “They ask only opportunity”: Helen Keller and Those Who Will Not SeeThe evolution of my fully understanding formal education began when I was very young and learning moment by moment at the feet of my mother, who taught my sister and me to play canasta (a complicated two