Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 23, 2013

12-23-13 Seattle Schools Community Forum

Seattle Schools Community Forum:

Seattle Schools Community Forum





Washington State Charter School Applications to be Posted Monday
From The News Tribune:The state Charter School Commission received 19 applications from 18 organizations hoping to launch the type of alternative public schools that already exists in most other states.Also Monday, teams of experts hired by the state commission will start poring over the extensive applications, which include details such as curriculum and instructional models, background informati
Seattle Schools Looking for New Tech Director
SPS is looking to hire a new Director of Project Management (basically a tech director) with a fairly wide-ranging salary (from $94k to $142k annually). 

I'm From the West; How about You?
Fun quiz that you and your family might enjoy (especially if you and your partner are from different places in the country) - from the NY Times, a dialect finder. What I found interesting is that I hesitated in a couple of places because words/phrases I used in my childhood, I don't always use now because I live somewhere else.  But soda is always soda to me.

12-22-13 Seattle Schools Community Forum
Seattle Schools Community Forum: Potpourri of Parenting StoriesNo "This Week in Seattle Schools" today.  Instead a round-up of stories - happy and sad - about parenting.Let's go with happy first (and you can skip sad if you want to).What to do over the holidays (unlike the Times, I'll try to give you the free/low-cost stuff):visit the Gingerbread Villlage at the Sheraton, 1400 Sixth Aven