Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, December 19, 2013

12-19-13 Fred Klonsky Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data

Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.:







The fight for pension justice is worldwide.
  Dear friends and colleagues, As you are aware, 500 elderly people from across the country have been on dharna at Jantar Mantar since 26th November. Their main demand is that pensions be universalized and revised to enable the elderly to live with dignity. Today is the 25th day of the dharna. Delegations have met Smt. Sonia Gandhi, Shri Rahul Gandhi, Shri Jairam Ramesh and K





Teachers Laugh (Ken Previti) is knocked of of Facebook.
From Ken Previti. ALL, I have been clobbered by Facebook – my account has been disabled due to the high number of shares and clicks. (One of my memes – attached – was shared 10,250 times. One of my blogs was shared over 1,000 times.) FB determined that Teachers Laugh was not my actual name, probably because the “about” section listed my actual name, blog, etc. My 2,600 Facebook friends (mostly t
Season’s Greetings from Naperville and the Representative from ALEC.
  Illinois’ Darlene Senger represents Naperville and ALEC. Since I was first elected to the Illinois House, I have made it my priority to stabilize our pension system in order to guarantee retired teachers, state employees and their survivors that they will continue to receive a pension check each and every month. This summer was my third consecutive year of intense pension co


Pension thieves.
  Keith Farnhum is a Democratic State Representative from the 43rd District representing Elgin. He targets older people, retired police, fire fighters, public service workers, public school teachers and state university employees. Approach with care. He should be considered a Republican and dangerous.


Working people have no candidate for governor.
Republican Kirk Dillard. I’ve heard rumors that the IEA will not endorse Squeezy in the Democratic primary. I’ve also heard rumors that they will endorse somebody in the Republican primary. But who could that be. Working folks and teachers have candidate in the governor’s race. Take long-ago Republican moderate Kirk Dillard. He was all over the map on pensions. One day for SB1. The next day agai


Gary Elmen. Pension are not gifts. They are earned.
  Out-going IRTA President Gary Elmen (left) and TRS trustee Bob Lyons. - Gary Elmen. IRTA President It’s true that education is the key to our future, but those who served the needs of our students in the past are also part of our future. For that reason, the Illinois Retired Teachers Association will join other public employee organizations in suing to stop enactment of illegal and radical chan


12-18-13 Fred Klonsky Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data
Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.: Me and Nekritz on Al Jazeera America.I would like to think my media reach is constantly expanding. I have my blog, of course. It just got its 1.5 millionth site visit the other day. And my appearances on Chicago public access cable’s Ken Davis. His audience isn’t huge. But it’s always fun. Katy Hogan