Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

12-17-13 Scathing Purple Musings | Color me purple in Florida, red in Washington, dark sky-blue in Israel and public school in Education

Scathing Purple Musings | Color me purple in Florida, red in Washington, dark sky-blue in Israel and public school in Education:





To Plug Common Core, Michelle Rhee’s Florida Rep Says Florida Schools Are “Failing Our Kids”
Following the lead of her boss to use the recent release of PISA scores to promote Common Core, Michelle Rhee’s Florida representative Nikki Lowrey wrote an opinion piece for the Tallahassee Democrat: When I was a youth, parents, teachers, even television programs indoctrinated me with the belief that I could be anything I wanted to be, that if I worked hard and did well in school I could live the

12-16-13 Scathing Purple Musings | Color me purple in Florida, red in Washington, dark sky-blue in Israel and public school in Education
Scathing Purple Musings | Color me purple in Florida, red in Washington, dark sky-blue in Israel and public school in Education: Jeb Bush: the New Status QuoJeb Bush and his top dollar mouthpieces have become the gift that keeps on giving. Let’s call them on two of their recent public statements. Last week, top policy wonk Matt Ladner touted Florida’ s record at narrowing the achievement gap betwe