Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 15, 2013

12-15-13 Schools Matter

Schools Matter:





One Hundred KIPP 5th Graders in a Single Classroom on the Floor for a Week Until They "Earned" Their Desks
KIPP spends a great deal of money promoting their brand of total compliance segregated charter schools as the tough love, no excuses solution for schooling in urban communities disabled by poverty and the lack of hope. KIPP and its billionaire supporters contend that we cannot wait for an end to poverty to properly educate the children of the poor.  No one I know would disagree with this premise,

12-14-13 Schools Matter All Week
Schools Matter:  Schools Matter All Week mark as readTURN Chapters of AFT Take Lead in "Share My Lessons" Common Core MarathonIn the December 13 issue of Inside AFT (yes, I am an AFT member), I found this, which got me wondering: Share My Lesson has been on the move recently. This weekend will mark the third of three Share My Lesson marathon weekends the AFT has hosted over the last mont