Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, November 8, 2013

This Year is Different | Connected Principals

This Year is Different | Connected Principals:

This Year is Different

November 8, 2013
By 
At Centerburg Local Schools, we are in our second year of using Google Apps for Education. In that short amount of time we have Screen Shot 2013-08-15 at 12.33.08 PMbegun to see a shift in the way students and teachers share. As expected students and teachers are sharing resources, using collaborative docs and learning how to take full advantage of the tools provided by Google to support learning. Students are also sharing their thoughts and reflecting on the school year in their own blogs.
Take a look at a blog post written by one of our middle school students named Sierra.
Last year I didn’t do very well in school. I didn’t do all of my work. I didn’t really respect my teachers as well as I could have. I could have turned in my work and studied, but I didn’t, and that was a terrible mistake! I really regret not doing that.
I feel like I have let my grandpa Jerry down because of the grades I got last year. So that is why this year I have been working hard, doing my work and turning it in on time. I just want to please my grandpa Jerry. Even though he is no longer with us, I want to make him proud of me.
I want to do anything I can to get my grades up and stay up. So far this year I haven’t