Quick update on some of my current projects

Posted on November 14, 2013

I know it’s been a little while since I produced anything particularly original on my blog other than a few insights into other people’s work, but that’s not because I’m not doing anything. I’ve been asked by numerous folks to produce some specific pieces that can be used to forward to legislators and other elected officials, as well as some investigative pieces that are requiring research and documentation. Here is a brief listing of some of my current projects for the curious.

CCSS and specific examples

I am working on producing some Common Core pieces documenting actual examples from parents illustrating specific issues with curriculum being used in schools across the state and comparing them to the stated standards they are supposed to address. I am still gathering examples from different districts, grade levels and subjects. I’m not getting as many as I expected so I plan to post my own work as an example and show I’m just as clueless as many of you may be, and that that’s ok. I will encourage supports to chime in, but I will insist people keep a civil tone and keep the insults directed at each other to a minimum or they will get the boot, or is that the flipper?

FERPA, Data, and Privacy

Pieces documenting Data Sharing/FERPA explanation and privacy concerns legislators should be aware of with exposition and examples. I will show how FERPA was tragically flawed and is outdated even before the recent changes made in 2008 and 2011 and my proposal for some privacy laws.

RSD Cheating Scandal and Cover-up L

An investigative story about large cheating scandal and cover-up by LDOE and RSD that appears to have been perpetrated by most of the top current education officials. I have issued freedom of