Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, November 3, 2013

UPDATE: Another Small Library: Eighty-eight More LDOE Documents | deutsch29

Another Small Library: Eighty-eight More LDOE Documents | deutsch29:

Thirty-five More LDOE Files: A Number of 2012 Test Score Reports
Once again, I have spent time on the LDOE website, seeking information that was once publicly available in pre-Serling Louisiana. My first excursion yielded 95 files, c. 2011-13; my second 88 files, c. 2007. Here are today’s finds, 35 files, c. 2012. Lots of test results in this set:   BESE Meeting Minutes April 18, 2012 Comparison Between Current and Transitional Math Assessments Comparison of Sp



Another Small Library: Eighty-eight More LDOE Documents

November 2, 2013

Yesterday, I posted 95 documents, the result of my searching files not obviously available on the Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) website.
Today, I returned to the site to locate documents from 2007, the time that Paul Pastorek became state superintendent and Paul Vallas, Recovery School District (RSD) superintendent.
It is a terrible experience to have one’s history snatched away by those who would also destroy the future.  My goal in this post is to place some more Louisiana public school history back into the hands of the public.
My exploration today yielded the 88 documents linked below. I tried to give them straightforward names. All have been saved to my blog; no additional linking to LDOE 

Ninety-five Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) Documents | deutsch29
Ninety-five Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) Documents | deutsch29: Ninety-five Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) DocumentsNovember 1, 2013There is more to a website than the information accessed by clicking its active links. This I learned years ago in my dealings with statistics software that utilizes both windows and code.Armed with such knowledge, yesterday I spent six hours com