Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, November 3, 2013

11-3-13 With A Brooklyn Accent

With A Brooklyn Accent:





Letter to Governor Christie from the New Jersey Teacher He Screamed At
Dear Governor Christie, Yesterday I took the opportunity to come hear you speak on your campaign trail. I have never really heard you speak before except for sound bytes that I get on my computer. I don't have cable, I don't read newspapers. I don't have enough time. I am a public school teacher that works an average of 60 hours a week in my building. Yes, you can check with my principal. I run th
Why Some of Our Best Teachers are Leaving the Classroom- Letter to Her Students from a Georgia Teacher
To My Students,            I did not return to the classroom this year and I want to apologize.  I am truly sorry for having left you.  It was the hardest decisions I have ever made. I want you to understand why I left.  It had nothing to do with you.  I still love you and believe in you.  You are still amazing and you can do anything you want to do.  I did not give up on you.  I left to fight for
With A Brooklyn Accent: Six Debating Points for CCSS Opponents
With A Brooklyn Accent: Six Debating Points for CCSS Opponents: Six Debating Points for CCSS Opponents 1. CCCS and the tests created to comply with them, cost money, and take money away from things that make school enjoyable and exciting like art, music, hands on science, and physical education. Worse yet, the money they removes go into the hands of for profit test companies 2. They discriminate a