Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, November 29, 2013

11-29-13 @ THE CHALK FACE

@ THE CHALK FACE:






In the spirit of @FrankBruni on #commoncore, I will review Marea in NYC
[In the interest of full disclosure, I have never been to Marea, which is apparently one of the finest Italian restaurants in New York City. As commentators regale us with their wisdom on education without ever having set foot inside a classroom, let alone teach, I consider myself eminently qualified to act as Mr. Frank […]

SOS! Immediate Paradigm Shift Requested! Multicultural, Multilingual Focus Necessary to Respond to Changing Demographics!
“To commit ourselves to the work of transforming the academy so that it will be a place where cultural diversity informs every aspect of our learning, we must embrace struggle and sacrifice.  We cannot be easily discouraged.  We cannot despair when there is conflict.  Our solidarity must be affirmed by shared belief in a spirit […]
11-28-13 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: I’m thankful for…On this Thanksgiving Day, here are a few reasons why I’m thankful for being a professional educator. I’m truly thankful for… 1. I’m thankful for my colleagues who show up, everyday, to influence students. My school is definitely not a “walk in the park,” so I’m grateful for all of my colleagues who show up, everyday, […]by Angel Cintron Jr. / 51min The Indignant