Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

11-26-13 teacherken at Daily Kos

teacherken at Daily Kos:





Education: I have a favor to ask
I was asked to share the following video, which was prepared by ParentVoices NY.  One of those parents is the father of two young children, one of whom is in second grade in Brooklyn.  These are the grandchildren of my dear friend Diane Ravitch, who asked me to post the video. Bill De Blasio has a real chance to change the direction of public education in New York City, and thereby also changing t

the moral test of a government
As Congress considers more cuts to services for the poor, be these unemployment payments, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Payments, Medicaid reimbursement rates - what ever they may be, and to the rest of the social safety net, including Medicare and Social Security ..... I would like to remind them of one of the most important moral statements ever made by a politician. They were offered by Hub
Two important columns on the Iran deal
are in this morning's newspapers. While I realize both might appear in the pundit roundup, I thought it worthwhile to call attention to both. The first is Israel's Iran Dilemma by Roger Cohen in The New York Times The second is Iran deal is a diplomatic success story by Eugen Robinson in The Washington Post Cohen notes of Israel's opposition to the plan that Israel is the status-quo Middle Eastern
11-25-13 teacherken Daily Kos: Krugman: I give you California
Daily Kos: Krugman: I give you California: Krugman: I give you CaliforniabyteacherkenFollowWhat would happen if we unveiled a program that looked like Obamacare, in a place that looked like America, but with competent project management that produced a working website?Well, your wish is granted. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you California.The words above are the key to Paul Krugman's column today,