Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, November 22, 2013

11-22-13 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:







A Simple & Effective Classroom Lesson On Gratitude
I’ve written in my books and here on my blog how I use the concept of “gratitude” in class (see The Best Resources On “Gratitude”). Today, my colleague Katie Hull did a simple and powerful lesson using one of the resources on that “Best” list and I thought I’d share it here. It’s based on an experiment and video that “Soul Pancake’ did (the video is on that list, but I’ve also embedded again in t


You Can Now Add Maps To Pinterest
Pinterest has just added the ability to add maps to your Pinterest boards. You can read moare about it at TechCrunch and Mashable. You can see an example below. It could be a helpful feature for students. However, since Pinterest is presently blocked in most Districts, I doubt it will used much in classrooms. I’m adding this info to The Best Guides To Figuring Out Pinterest but, because of the blo
More JFK Resources
Here are new additions to The Best Online Resources About President John F. Kennedy: The Death of President Kennedy is a NY Times interactive. Teaching About J.F.K. With The New York Times is from The New York Times Learning Network. Iconic JFK images: Then and now is from Reuters. Scenes From the Kennedy Assassination is from The Wall Street Journal.
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: Great Interactive: “Why are we building new walls to divide us?”The Guardian has published an excellent, though sad, interactive titled Why are we building new walls to divide us? It’s a perfect addition to The Best Sites To Learn About Walls That Separate Us.by Larry Ferlazzo / 1h skip  //  saveNovember’s (2013) Best Tweet