Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, November 11, 2013

11-11-13 Ed Notes Online

Ed Notes Online:







Ravitch Recuperating: To Speak at PS 15 in December
An event de Blasio should attend ...The good news from Diane is she is out of the hospital (Update on My Health) but still working to dissolve the clot in her leg. She points to too much flying, which is probably true. (Glad I have started hating flying due to all that TSA stuff.)Remember when Diane put up a story about Randi being her friend and people went wild on her blog. While I didn't agree
11-10-13 Ed Notes Online
Ed Notes Online: Flushing HS Update #4Flushing HS teacher Seung Ok's battle over DOE hypocritical grading policies appears to be bearing fruit. Seung is an old pal from the early GEM days -- one of the most energetic, principled people I've met over all my years of organizing. He was a teacher at Maxwell HS in Brooklyn when he helped form GEM in its earliest stages in 2009 while fighting off the a