Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, October 18, 2013

Writing and Re-Writing (On The Editing Process and NaNoWriMo) [Sponsored] - The Jose Vilson | The Jose Vilson

Writing and Re-Writing (On The Editing Process and NaNoWriMo) [Sponsored] - The Jose Vilson | The Jose Vilson:

Writing and Re-Writing (On The Editing Process and NaNoWriMo) [Sponsored]

by JOSE VILSON on OCTOBER 17, 2013
in JOSE
For NaNoWriMo, I’m using Grammarly’s plagiarism check because no idea is original. Except for mine. All of mine.
editing-red
As most of you know, I’m currently in the editing phase of writing my book. I’ve sent it to a plethora of friends and family for solid readings, and that nudged my writing upwards. Now I have one person fully dedicated to looking at every word, sentence, paragraph, and chapter, pondering on how I take my manuscript from “good enough to get me published” to “if you miss reading this, you’ll never sit at the cool kids table.” Or something like that.
The worst and best part about the process is: it hurts like hell.
When you care about the craft of writing, putting words together so they don’t just make sense, they transport the reader into your shoes for a hot minute. Having someone even mess with the order of the words feels like they’re criticizing your person, as if your work of art and inner
- See more at: http://thejosevilson.com/writing-re-writing-editing-process-sponsored/#sthash.vb4C0MuV.dpuf