Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Things I hear…

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Things I hear…:

Things I hear…



 When everything new seems like something old, sometimes it isn’t…
You should go in and observe teachers with seniority, not new teachers, because when I talk to them, they are very excited about being able to teach again and not just work from a textbook
-paraphrasing comments at October 17th Sacramento City Unified School District board meeting on the instructional changes happening with Common Core

This is just like when I was starting teaching, and we were doing thematic units, etc., but the thing was we really didn’t have lesson plans like we are being asked to write now, because we were all kind of