Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Peg with Pen: Teaching Strategies GOLD Parent Refusal Letter

Peg with Pen: Teaching Strategies GOLD Parent Refusal Letter:

Teaching Strategies GOLD Parent Refusal Letter




Please see my first post regarding GOLD if you are unfamiliar with this assessment. Also, please see our early childhood guide if you are interested in gathering parents to help them in fighting these corporate initiatives. I promise to have this letter uploaded to our website atUnited Opt Out National soon.

Please share this letter - revise, add to it, do whatever you must to make it work for your situation. If you need assistance in revision please let me know. I can be reached at writepeg@juno.com. I will soon have it in Spanish and please let me know what other translations are needed.  Please protect our children, demand they receive authentic learning and authentic instruction and shelter them from corporate entities and mandates which rob them of their childhoods.
Many thanks in advance,
Peg
Teaching Strategies GOLD Refusal Letter


Dear (Name of Administrator, Teacher),

I am writing to let you know that I am refusing to allow my child’s information to be gathered for the Teaching Strategies GOLD online database and/or for the district or state department of education database.  I also refuse to allow my child’s information to be gathered specifically for GOLD on paper (such as observations and/or quotes of my child’s comments), in 

OPT-OUT/REFUSAL GUIDES FOR EACH STATE


All documents are for informational purposes only and do not substitute as legal advice or legal counsel. The information contained in these documents and this website may or may not reflect the most current developments in education policy within our nation or within each state. Information shared here is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and UOO disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all contents of this website.