Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

On Teachers Writing Books (Myself Included) [CTQ] - The Jose Vilson | The Jose Vilson

On Teachers Writing Books (Myself Included) [CTQ] - The Jose Vilson | The Jose Vilson:

On Teachers Writing Books (Myself Included) [CTQ]

by JOSE VILSON on OCTOBER 15, 2013
Deborah Meier, Mission Hill
Deborah Meier, Mission Hill
First, let me thank you for my support of my first solo project This Is Not A Test: A New Narrative on Rice, Class, and Education. I’m already seeing the uptick in pre-orders, and for that, I’m already appreciative. You have a few ways to connect with the experience, so be on the lookout for more as we finish up our edits.
Secondly, let me speak more broadly on educators writing books, and not just books about practice:
The last thing I’d want is for a teacher to think their work might get them fired. I must be nuts.
I have this wild belief that, simmering underneath our longform pieces, our emotional posts, and 
- See more at: http://thejosevilson.com/teachers-writing-books-included-ctq/#sthash.vwHNbWmy.dpuf