Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 10, 2013

10-10-13 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.

Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.:







The IEA Representative Assembly retired delegate vote is coming. I’m running as a delegate. #5 on the ballot.
Last year they forgot to move my membership from active to retired. That meant I couldn’t run as a delegate to the IEA’s state convention, the Representative Assembly. Then they wouldn’t let me on the floor as a representative of the press. This year I couldn’t say I was an “activist” on my candidate statement. They changed it to “advocate.” Recently I received a request from IEA for help on the

Veto session pension deal?
  Is the Gang of Ten striving for cooperation. I don’t think so. The Illinois General Assembly veto session is a little more than a week away. The Gang of Ten legislative committee that was charged with coming up with something hasn’t had a full committee meeting since July, although sub-committees have been said to have been meeting. Senate President John Cullerton has abandoned SB2404 which he


Sports section.
  Andy Pafko, Don Newcomb and Jackie Robinson, 1951. Andy Pafko is dead. And so are the World Series chances for the Pirates. My Dodgers are still in it. My Pittsburgh Pirates story: In 2008 Anne and I had rented house on the other side of the Lake. I was a delegate to the National Education Association Representative Assembly, our yearly national convention. It was held in Philadelphia. I decide




Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.
Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.: Chicago BOT chief, Patrick Arbor. “My word is my bond.”Thirty-year tax cheat and former head of the Chicago Board of Trade, Patrick Arbor (2:49 on the video). “My word is my bond,” says former Chicago Board of Trade President Patrick Arbor. We will get back to Patrick Arbor and his words in just a few