Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Drama From the Mailbag: 286 and a Broad Alum’s Track Record | Cloaking Inequity

Drama From the Mailbag: 286 and a Broad Alum’s Track Record | Cloaking Inequity:

Drama From the Mailbag: 286 and a Broad Alum’s Track Record

Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 9.08.48 AM
Every so often I get notes in my email from folks that have “skin in the game.” I received an email from Jim Schutze, an self-described “investigative columnist” who was annoyed by a report that I wrote for the Foundation for Community Empowerment (FCE).
columnist is someone who writes for publication in a series, creating an article that usually offers commentary and opinions…a specific writer who offers a personal point of view.
So apparently an “investigative columnist” is someone who investigates to offer a personal point of view.
I was asked by FCE to consult and develop an independent assessment of the tenure of Dallas Independent School District Superintendent Mike Miles to this point. They wanted an academic perspective and new evidence injected into the discussion.
I have posted several excerpts from the FCE report over the past week or so.
How much have I written about Supt. Mike Miles until I was asked consult on an independent review? 0. Nada. Nothing. What we did find was quite to surprising to be honest. (If you read to the end you will find how many