Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 27, 2013

3 Ways Parents Can Help Teachers | toteachornototeach

3 Ways Parents Can Help Teachers | toteachornototeach:

3 Ways Parents Can Help Teachers 


by Chris Crouch
Regardless of where you live in the United States, educating our children is an issue that is probably a part of the daily news cycle. Whether it’s a new state or national learning standards, such as the Common Core State Standards, or reforms to teacher preparation and evaluations, or the condition of our schools and technological structure, education is undergoing an immense change.
To ensure that our children receive the best education we have to offer, we as parents have some obligations to our kids and to educators.
Let me start by saying that I am an educator and a parent. I work with students every day and then come home and deal with the same issues and concerns of all parents who have school-age children. I’ve used my parenting experience to help me become a better teacher. I’m now asking parents to return the favor and consider the teacher perspective to help all of us become better parents.
Here are three points to consider:
1. Become Educated About Education