Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, October 7, 2013

10-7-13 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:

51U8vAS3znL._AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-34,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_




Special Edition Of “Links I Should Have Posted About, But Didn’t” — October
(Usually, I just post a weekly version of this regular feature. However, sometimes I post an extra “Special Edition” when I have more good links than usual) I have a huge backlog of resources that I’ve been planning to post about in this blog but, just because of time constraints, have not gotten around to doing. Instead of letting that backlog grow bigger, I regularly grab a few and list them he

Create “Playlists” Of Educational Videos, Websites & Google Docs With HippoCampus
I’ve previously posted about HippoCampus a number of times, and it’s on several “The Best…” lists. It has pretty extensive video collections in a number of subjects, and I’ve often used their U.S. History resources. I’ve just learned from Beth Pickett, a HippoCampus staff member, that it now lets teachers easily create “playlists.” Here’s what she wrote me: OER website HippoCampus.org also allows

Delicious Unveils New Redesign
I continue to be a fan and regular user of Delicious as a place to save and organize links (though I actually bookmark sites with Diigo, who then a automatically forwards them to Delicious — it’s always good to have a back-up). Delicious has just unveiled a new redesign. You can read about it at TechCrunch and watch a video here (though I’m not sure if it will show up in an RSS Reader):

Learn About Punctuation Through Soccer
Learn about punctuation through soccer in my latest New York Times post for English Language Learners. It includes a student interactive and teaching ideas. You can see all my New York Times posts for ELLs here.
10-6-13 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: This Week’s “Links I Should Have Posted About, But Didn’t” – OctoberI have a huge backlog of resources that I’ve been planning to post about in this blog but, just because of time constraints, have not gotten around to doing. Instead of letting that backlog grow bigger, I regularly grab a few and list them here with a minim