Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 3, 2013

10-3-13 Jersey Jazzman

Jersey Jazzman:




Another Reformy Practice Not Grounded in Research: SGOs
Like all teachers around New Jersey, I have been attending workshops and working with my administrators and colleagues on a new, reformy project: Student Growth Objectives. My SGO will count for 15% of my annual evaluation - a percentage mandated by state code - because I teach an "untested" subject: in other words, I don't teach math or language arts between 3rd and 8th Grade, just like


10-2-13 Jersey Jazzman
Jersey Jazzman: New Depths of Sanctimony From Arne DuncanAnthony Cody listens to Education Secretary Afren Duncan, and discovers our Reformy Czar slathers himself in sanctimony the way a 13-year-old boy douses himself in Axe Body Spray: Secretary Duncan: Also inhabiting this bubble are some arm chair pundits who insist our efforts to improve public education are somehow doomed to fail, either beca