Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 13, 2013

10-13-13 @ THE CHALK FACE

@ THE CHALK FACE:





Solidarity to the Parents
This morning I sat in front of my computer determined – determined to answer every opt out question in my inbox – this is hard to accomplish because they just keep coming. But today I did it. At least until tomorrow morning or until I check my email again. I answered questions from distraught parents, […]

Sharing pears
Reblogged from Talking Math with Your Kids: I took the kids camping this weekend. Jay Cooke State Park is lovely. I recommend a visit if you have never been. We had the following conversation at the campsite on Saturday evening. Me: Griff, we have two pears and three people. What should we do about that? […]

Teaching Reading and Children: Reading Programs as “Costume Parties”
Teaching Reading and Children: Reading Programs as \”Costume Parties\”. via Teaching Reading and Children: Reading Programs as “Costume Parties”.




All Week 10-12-13 @ THE CHALK FACE
@ THE CHALK FACE knows SCHOOLS MATTER: All Week @ THE CHALK FACE Reformy NY Education Commish gets taken to the woodshed by parents.From a PTA Town Hall in Poughkeepsie. This event is one of several that the New York State PTA is sponsoring to spread Common Core propaganda across the Empire State. The NYS PTA’s plan looks to be backfiring as parents see the Common Core as damaging their children’s