Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, September 6, 2013

9-6-13 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.

Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.:





This is real outrage, folks. And I’m not alone.
  Trotsky on Twitter? No. Paul Revere with a blog. Joe Williams, who shills for the corporate reform group Democrats for Education Reform, once threatened to kick my ass. Perhaps he felt I had crossed a red line. It seems Presidents and corporate school reformers can both act like 4th grade boys sometimes. No offense to 4th grade boys. In a recent post, Joe describes me, my brother and Shanker In




LIfe in Rahm’s Chicago. “I didn’t know about it until I read it in the papers,” says Emanuel.
Indicted Chicago Comptroller Amer Ahmad. He was watching city pensions. Rahm claims he didn’t know a thing about the shady dealings of ex-city Comptroller Amer Ahmad until he read it in the newspapers. I guess now he knows some more this morning. The Tribune published a long investigative (I know. Right?) linking the Ohio laundryman Amer Ahmad and the Mayor’s Chief Financial Officer, Lois Scott.


9-5-13 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.
Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.: The in box. From Senator Dan Biss. What the pension committee is thinking.  Senator Dan Biss, pension bomber. September 4, 2013 Dear Friends, I am writing to update you on the progress of the pension conference committee. There are two topics that I would like to address: the timing of our work, and r