Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, August 26, 2013

8-26-13 Crazy Crawfish's Blog | Zesty Louisiana Education Politics

Crazy Crawfish's Blog | Zesty Louisiana Education Politics:




Don’t forget to tune into WBOK 1230 AM today from 10 – 10:30
I will be invading the airwaves today at 10:00 am on WBOK 1230 AM, for the New Orleans Imperative radio hour. Many thanks to Dr. Raynard Sanders for allowing me a chance to reach a new audience and to continue to fight the good fight. http://www.wbok1230am.com/ You can listen live over the internets with this link: http://www.wbok1230am.com/player.html Feel free to tell me how awesome or horri


Introducing PegLeg Mickey, the Ed Policy Pundit/Pirate? Accountability Argh!
Believe it or not, this is not my handiwork. J (I’m working on something I hope will be even more disturbing.) While the opinions of key LDOE personnel are not necessarily mine own, I feel it would be inappropriate to censor this piece or art/outrage. As I’ve said before, there are many folks who had their voices suppressed by this administration, and continue to fear for their jobs. I did send ou
Everything but the Squeal – A sequel
At the turn of the last Century, Upon Sinclair wrote a novel that horrified the nation with its depiction of the meat packing industry. As part of his research for this novel, The Jungle, Sinclair spent over 6 months working in the industry and documenting their practices. His intent was to reveal how immigrants were treated but what captured the attention of the nation was his matter-of-fact reco