Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Rahm Emanuel and St. Vincent DePaul | Reclaim Reform

Rahm Emanuel and St. Vincent DePaul | Reclaim Reform:

Rahm Emanuel and St. Vincent DePaul

St. Vincent DePaul was a Catholic priest who fed, clothed, educated and housed poor children. The religious organizations he created still perform his good works. READ HERE.
St Vincent DePaul

(Disclosure: As a child on the South Side of Chicago on a bitterly cold day, my mother took me on the bus for a winter coat at the St. Vincent DePaul Society clothing distribution center. I was given, yes given, a coat and warmer shoes. My feet and body were enveloped in my own warmth, so I cannot remember what else we received.)
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel closed 50 public schools in poor neighborhoods and has created havoc and danger to these school children that is beyond the imagination of most people to fully comprehend. Public libraries, mental health clinics, park district programs, etc. have also been closed in these same areas creating a landscape of desperation as