Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 8, 2013

My “Conversation” with Failed DC Chancellor Michelle Rhee « inspirEDucation

My “Conversation” with Michelle Rhee « inspirEDucation:

My “Conversation” with Failed DC Chancellor Michelle Rhee 



So a while back, I talked to Michelle Rhee (CEO of StudentsFirst) on a Tioki Forum after seeing on Facebook (I follow StudentsFirst just to see what kind of shenanigans they’re up to next) that she would be available from 4:00-4:30 PM to talk to the common folk and discuss any questions we may have. For a forum, there wasn’t much discussion going on. It was mostly question and answer, where some questions were not fully addressed or even answered and rebuttals were not responded to. But half an hour isn’t a long time, so I cut her some slack.
I submitted my question early, because I really did want a response. When I posted it, I received a message saying that my question would be submitted for review before being posted. Well then. It looked like Michelle would be spared from answering questions from her most ardent critics, and the discussion would be less authentic dialogue and more filtered propaganda.
But luckily, my question was posted! Probably because I tried to appear not so threatening.
I couldn’t limit myself to one question, so I chose two things that are two of the biggest flaws and faults of the education reform movement: