Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Jersey Jazzman on my reports from ATL. “The summer of our discontent.” | Fred Klonsky

Jersey Jazzman on my reports from ATL. “The summer of our discontent.” | Fred Klonsky:

Jersey Jazzman on my reports from ATL. “The summer of our discontent.”

JULY 7, 2013



 Blogger Jersey Jazzman includes discussion of events in Atlanta in this lengthy post.
Since he includes a post I wrote – and uses the post to address what our relationship should be to union leadership – I am reposting the entire thing.
I’ll share some thoughts on the important issues he raises on this blog tomorrow.
Once again, let’s play Spot The Pattern™! Can you spot the pattern in these education stories [all emphases mine]?
Story #1 is from Newark, NJ:
Eight months after negotiating “performance bonuses” funded by a Facebook fortune, Newark Teachers Union President Joseph Del Grosso was re-elected Tuesday by a margin of nine votes. A challenger slate that’s drawn inspiration from the Chicago Teachers Union