Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, June 23, 2013

How my original “Opt Out Letter” was converted to a “form” | Crazy Crawfish's Blog

How my original “Opt Out Letter” was converted to a “form” | Crazy Crawfish's Blog:

How my original “Opt Out Letter” was converted to a “form”

At the June 18th BESE meeting John White relayed that he did not recall seeing my opt-out letter and did not reply because it was something he characterized as a “form letter.”  Technically this was true.  Mine was the first letter to get sent, so it was not a form letter, however Tom Aswell at the Louisiana Voice republished it after redacting my personal info so other parents could likewise opt their children out of any data sharing using my letter as a template.  (I subsequently learned there was much swearing of my name by John White, as a result of my letter and privacy petition and campaign, but we must pick and choose our battles, right?)
A form letter type approach was adopted because Louisiana has not provided an organized method of

This Teacher Chose to Be Arrested

Great letter from a teacher about what it really means to put student’s first. Hint: it doesn’t involve forming pseudo-grassroots organizations secretly funded by fascist billionaires or corporate leeches. . .