Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Paris Is For Lovers (Of Excellence) | EduShyster

Paris Is For Lovers (Of Excellence) | EduShyster:


Paris Is For Lovers (Of Excellence)


Bonjour tout le monde! EduShyster has just returned from an exciting (and excellent) adventure in Paris. But what was I doing there, inquiring minds want to know? Like your own grand dame, the unstoppable Madam Wendy Kopp, I find that one continent is simply no longerenough to contain my ambition (or excellence). C’est une blague! (This is a joke!) I was really in Paris to celebrate the official international celebration of non-excellence: May Day. My excellent adventure taught me many lessons, among them: the French have no word for EduPreneur, despite the fact that it is clearly a French word, and it is considered tres gauche to order wine by the box. Qui sait?
The French economy is in la toilette
With unemployment at a 16 year high, the French economy stinks worse than an overly-ripe Epoisses. But here’s the weird part: no one in France seems to have figured out the fact that teachers are too blame. You see,