Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, May 18, 2013

National Social Study Framework; Teacher Prep; Using Data to Support Teachers | Outside the Cave

National Social Study Framework; Teacher Prep; Using Data to Support Teachers | Outside the Cave:


National Social Study Framework; Teacher Prep; Using Data to Support Teachers

I’m catching up on sharing a few things I’ve helped produce recently:
First, I wrote a piece for the Shanker Blog this week: Proposed National Civics Framework Shows Great Promise.  Please take the time to read and then take action; I believe the C3 Framework is a huge step forward for our field:
Simply put, the proposed C3 Framework is brilliant. It is exactly what our nation needs to ensure civic life and participation is properly valued, and it is what the Social Studies teaching profession needs to ensure our discipline retains its unique and essential role within our education system. It is brilliant in its conception, its modesty and its usefulness as a document to inform policy and practice. 
Second, I was part of a team put together by the Center for Teaching Quality that wrote what I hope is a very