Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, May 27, 2013

Moments Like This [Soul Of A Man] | The Jose Vilson

Moments Like This [Soul Of A Man] | The Jose Vilson:

Moments Like This [Soul Of A Man]


Marvin Gaye
Marvin Gaye

A blackened tooth from a decade-old basketball injury.
An average of four hours of sleep a night.
A tumultuous set of faculty meetings, in meetings, out meetings, and every other type of meeting in between.
An early bus I missed, followed by a late train that took 15 minutes off my preparation time.
A snide remark by colleagues.
A set of bills ankle-deep tightening the noose ’round my neck.
A few uncompleted projects.
And a sense that perhaps I didn’t teach every child in my class the best I possibly could.
Friday gave me a plethora of reasons to not want to smile. Earning my Fridays with a full schedule of getting