Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Daily Kos: Judge Doubles Down On Double Entendres In Strip Club Case

Daily Kos: Judge Doubles Down On Double Entendres In Strip Club Case:


Judge Doubles Down On Double Entendres In Strip Club Case

Okay, let me explain.  My sense of humor starts with puns, as all my former students have learned, to their regret.  That includes double entendres.  A former student put something about THIS on his Facebook page and tagged me so that I would see it.
To start with, the title of the case is "THE CASE OF THE ITSY BITSY TEENY WEENY BIKINI TOP V. THE (MORE) ITSY BITSY TEENY WEENY PASTIE."   The judge issuing the ruling is known to have a sense of humor and more.
I cannot quote everything.  To properly set the context, let me quote from the NPR blog post to which I link above:
The legal issue was the clubs' request for a preliminary injunction that would block enforcement of a city ordinance. That ordinance requires that exotic dancers in certain establishments wear bikini tops instead of pasties (which, if you're unfamiliar with the term, cover just "the areolae of the female breast," as the ruling states).
Just start with this:  
— "An ordinance dealing with semi-nude dancers has once again fallen on the Court's lap."