Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Christine Rubino Pw3ns the NYC DOE southbronxschool.com

http://www.southbronxschool.com:


Christine Rubino Pw3ns the NYC DOE

During the first inning of my son's baseball game tonight I get a tweet from embattled Brooklyn teacher Christine Rubino. Curious, I read it an notice a link. The link directs me to New York State Courts page and what is there you ask? Christine Rubino kicked the DOE's ass! The Appellate Division found that she was unjustly terminated.

My favorite quote of the decision goes a little something like this;
Supreme Court properly found the penalty of termination to be shocking to one's sense of fairness

 Way to go Christine! Keep up the good fight!!!


Michael A. Cardozo, Corporation Counsel, New York (Deborah A. Brenner of counsel), for appellants.