Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, April 6, 2013

What I wanted to say at Occupy DOE 2.0 #UOODC13 – @ the chalk face

What I wanted to say at Occupy DOE 2.0 #UOODC13 – @ the chalk face:


What I wanted to say at Occupy DOE 2.0 #UOODC13

I was planning to attend Occupy DOE 2.0 this week, plane tickets purchased-check, hotel reservations-check, viral based illness with bronchitis-uncheck. I have been knocked out by this bug for a couple of weeks with little progress, very frustrating, spending most of my spring break napping and laying around.
Needless to say I am bummed. I have watched some of the video footage and caught the social media pictures. The photos of the march to White House hurt, I wanted to be a part of that event more than anything. I will miss connecting with old friends and meeting new ones, especially those who I have met through online advocacy.
I was scheduled to speak Sunday. My topic according to the official schedule was to discuss not giving into the carrot and stick policies of current education reform. Based on recent opt-out organizing in my region of New York State, I wanted to discuss how we need educate more parents as to the madness that is occurring in our