Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 14, 2013

The in box. “I was one of those passionate speakers.” | Fred Klonsky

The in box. “I was one of those passionate speakers.” | Fred Klonsky:


The in box. “I was one of those passionate speakers.”

Fred,
I was one of those passionate speakers, in fact I was the last speaker after her SB7 presentation. I asked why she was so positive about the bill. Cinda did the responding and told me if there were specific issues we should talk to Audrey and Mitch.
Well, Fred, I’m here to tell you we tried that last year at the RA and basically got told we could do nothing until we had seen a trend. Therefore, when she started her presentation, I listened for a few minutes; turned to the person next to me and said “My lack of respect for her has dropped.”; then got up and left the room.
We did send a message to see if there would be a time to speak with her and Mitch, which we were able to do Saturday morning for about 45 minutes. (We were the reason she was late to the dais.) We had a better response this year than last, but all things take time.
Don’t know where I stand right now, but believe me I will forever be cautiously wary in any future