Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: I hear there was an election yesterday. Who knew?

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: I hear there was an election yesterday. Who knew?:


I hear there was an election yesterday. Who knew?

“We not only won an election,” Ms. Kelly, 56, said in her victory speech. “We took on the N.R.A., we gave a voice to the voiceless, and we put our communities on a brand new path to a brighter day.” -- New York Times
Congrats, I guess, to Robin Kelly on yesterday's 74% to 19% election win over Republican, whatshisname (a convicted felon who who served prison time for robbery and other charges). I don't know about giving voice to the voiceless, but I'm glad to see an African-American woman in Congress where she will become the least senior member of a House dominated by a gaggle of racist, male, Tea Party Republicans. She's only the second black female House member to come from Illinois. She replaces (convicted felon) Jesse Jackson, Jr. , the third