Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Jersey Jazzman: Teachers Punished When They Question Authority

Jersey Jazzman: Teachers Punished When They Question Authority:


Teachers Punished When They Question Authority

One of the friends of this blog is teacher/blogger @rratto; he's reposted and retweeted me more times than I could count, which I very much appreciate. So this is hardly an unbiased opinion on my part; nevertheless, the story he is telling at his blog is shocking and disturbing:


It all  began Wednesday evening with the following “tweets”;
tweet ccss
My initial tweet was an editorial comment based on a Common Core standard (which includes a similar example in the standard), and included a generic example that can be found in many practice workbooks. As you can see Allison Sitts, aka, IthacaGorges took